ACADIA™ Facet Replacement System (ACADIA™)
Recent advances in surgical techniques and implants have
created alternatives for patients that have spinal stenosis.
Facet replacement is one type of procedure that is performed
after a spinal stenosis surgery and involves replacing the
entire facet joint.
The ACADIA™ Facet Replacement System (ACADIA™) is designed
to restore the natural anatomy of the spine while providing
pain relief and stability to the spine. The
ACADIA™ procedure may help patients maintain a more natural
range of motion.
The ACADIA™ surgical
- The facet joint is removed along with any additional
bone that is putting pressure on the nearby nerve roots.
- The ACADIA™ implants are sized to the patient’s
anatomy and secured in place.
- The final ACADIA™ reconstruction restores the natural
anatomy of the lumbar spine.
- A motion preserving alternative to bone fusion with rigid
- Replacement of the diseased fact joint with an anatomical
- Potentially restore physiological motion, stability, and balance
of the lumbar spine.
- Potential elimination of the pain associated with spinal